Why is he trying to add me on insta but ignoring my messages?

So long story short me and my ex have been broken up for about 3 years almost, it's been rough, our break up was messy and confusing. Every now and then he would come back or I would try to contact him and we would talk throughout these 3 years every couple of months or so. Usually he'd have me blocked until he'd come to me then keep trying to add me until I gave in, say his bit then leave again. Recently he came back, I was like let's just be friends (otherwise I knew this whole blocking thing would just carry on) he was like ok, but wanted to be friends with benefits, I didn't really have a response but wasn't against it, sometimes he would tell me he was obsessed with my body as well which is a bit strange to me cause it was frequent like telling me he couldn't stop thinking about my body saying he's not good enough for me cause he's too obsessed with it? I did send him a bikini pic, he screenshotted it next day I woke up he'd blocked me again. Now I find out he's unblocked me on snap, cause I searched up his name cause I'm jw, add him, it was pending, check my Insta and around the same time I'd tried to add him on snap he's requested to follow me on Insta, I ask if It's really him, seen but no response, then the next day I'm like why ignore me but try to follow me? Still no response so I delete his request and he blocks me. I found it strange that he tried to add me on Insta cause 1. How did he manage to find me - my Insta isn't my full name, not connected to fb which I'm pretty sure I blocked him on when we'd first broke up, his account was new & I'd edited my username from when we'd removed each other off our instas 2. Why wouldn't he respond but try follow me?
0
1