After a small argument (my fault) she wanted time to “cool off”, and this happens next?

I’m am 38 dating (was) a 22 year old gal who works with a well known firm owner, going to grad. school, and... Meanwhile, I am a divorcee with an 8 year old son, and have my own firm... We've know each other for almost 2 years, but recently have been "on and off" since last October (consistent since March, she broke it off in January since I became inconsistent)... So obviously the relationship has naturally progressed, and she's hinting at commitment, I told her that I want to spend more time with her, but definitely am willing to commit in the future (and how I am always passive at first).. She's met my business partners and son already, and she is amazing.

However, she's told me after a small argument (we both apologized, I was overwhelmed w/ work+my son), and stated that she’s not going to wait for me to give her what she wants/ needs and said we need time “to cool off” since she’s returns from her 5 week business trip after this week...

*Update: She's returned from her business trip and we only spoke briefly... And after TWO weeks she texted me small talk about finding this old coupon from the place we went to (a buddy of mine gave her a complimentary dessert) and I made small talk, but she was short again and ended it with “Well I hope you have a great rest of your day”... And I just said, “Thank ya. You too!” And she just liked the message.
2
2