Concerned and feeling sorry, could he possibly just not feel comfortable apologizing or is he just looking for attention?

My ex who cheated and got engaged/married to the woman he cheated with continues to message every other month or two with the "thinking of you, hope you are good text messages". I've never responded as he lied and was demeaning and degrading once I caught him cheating and even lured me back in after a few months to try to get me to spend the night only to propose to her shortly after. It's been two years since I caught him cheating and over a year and a half since we last met up, so are these texts his way of trying to apologize for hurting me to find his happiness or is he trying to get attention or find someone on the side. He didn't text for almost a year since that last time I saw him, so why for the past several months do I get the occasional message always the same except sometimes hope you are good, other times hope things are good, is it possible he isn't a jerk/scumbag?
0
1