What’s really going on? OPINIONS PLEASE?

Ok so iv been dating this person for a year now mind you we’ve always fought and broken up but it never lasted more than a couple days. I’m really close to my exes family so when they broke up with me about 2 months ago they didn’t want to get together rite away, they wanted to see if us being friends would possibly fix things for us so recently 2 days ago they ended it for good and said strictly just friends now and I was kind of hesitant because clearly I still want the relationship so iv been heartbroken this whole time and I called the mom crying and she tells me that my ex wanted to maintain a friendship so I think about it and say ok I don’t want to loose this person not only am I close to them but I’m close to the family... so I reach out to my ex and it’s totally different now, now they were being mean telling me they didn’t care anymore about me or if I was part of their lives and that they hated me and to leave them alone, in between that I would get a “then be my friend, now leave me alone” so now I’m even more confused I’m really hurt and I don’t know what to do because I don’t want to stop talking to the family...
What’s really going on? OPINIONS PLEASE?
Add Opinion