Why is he ignoring me even though we agreed to be friends?

a couple of months ago me and my ex broke up, and we both agreed that we should remains as friends. But the thing is i still have feelings for him. a month earlier he texted me if i still missed him and told him that i kind of did and then he told me that he kind of didn't miss me much, i snapped at him and changed my answer and also told him that i also didn't miss him much either, it was a childish response and by then it was too late to for me to realize my mistake. A couple of weeks ago he's been starting to ignore me on social media ( Instagram and Facebook) and i found from a friend that he's been liking and commenting on a girls post with heart eyes and she's been replying with heart emojis. I know i shouldn't be taking this to heart, since i don't know what their relationship could be, but its honestly breaking my heart i was in love with this guy and i still kind of am and he's here giving me the cold shoulder and pursuing someone else. What i need to know is why is he even ignoring me then if he agreed to be friends and even if he found someone new? If he's ignoring me why can't he just block and unfollow/unfriend me? wouldn't it just be easier then taking all these extra steps of ignoring me by muting my stories/posts and blocking me from viewing his stories? please i just need advice on what to do and how to handle this situation, i was in love with him and my heart still aches for him and i don't know if i can move on.
Why is he ignoring me even though we agreed to be friends?
Add Opinion