Should I stop responding to his how's your day text messages and let go of him?

I was dating a guy for 5-6 months. The first couple months was good and then he started treated me like crap. 5 months later he dumped me and then a day after he dumped me he asked me how i am feeling which isn't cool when you just dumped someone. Then he kept texting me everyday asking me how am i and how my day been? That's the only thing he would text me and went on for a month! I tried being mean and teasing him so he would leave me alone but that didn't work. Suddenly he text me asking me when he gonna see me since he hasn't seen me forever (which that's his problem). i hung out with him few times the week after. the first night was weird he acted flirty with me like as a boyfriend then the next night he pay more attention and flirted with a girl and brought her home with us. I was annoyed. He told me we can hang out next weekend. well he never text me about going out but only asked how my day was yesterday and that was about it. I'm really annoyed with this and all he asks me how am i and how my day is. Should i respond back to those kind of messages? Should i move on and ghost him?
4
1