Am I right or wrong for this? I didn't want to do this but I had to do it? Please help?

Okay my exbf and i have a baby together Tanner. While i was pregnant with tanner, my ex was physically and verbally abusive towrds me. I've finally had enough of it and filed a restraining order on him for 2 years. Well since 1 year is up, HE MESSAGED ME WANTING TO SEE US AND CATCH UP.
It made me cringe so hard cause HE THREATENED TO KILL ME AND TANNER.
As a mother i dont want my son to be near him.. But i was trying to be nice and let him meet his dad for the first time. It went well though it bothered me because i will never forget about the threat.
So this morning I've texted him back saying i can't let him see tanner anymore and it would be better if my ex moves on from us and never see tanner again.
Of course he was mad but that a**hole never apologized for what he did!
Did i do the right thing by not letting him be in tanners life anymore? He kinda did made effort to talk to us but im scared to leave tanner alone with him.
5
3