Is it wrong to lie?

I know of all things I could be doing to an ex who I still dearly love , is lying. We broke up because I really do have other things to prioritise and I really am not in the phase where I could be committed to a relationship and its totally unfair for her and myself because she needs my attention but other things are calling for my attention as well. I have a family to support and its hard enough for me and having a relationship is just not helping but to make things clear , I really did love my ex and I may or may not still have feelings for her. She texted me 3 months after the break up asking if I still had feelings for her because unfortunately we still had some physical things going on for a little while after the break up and I understand where she's coming from. I told her i dont love her or anyone anymore. I made sure it sounded harsh. i didn't want her to hurt from waiting for me to be giving her what she deserves , i just dont have the time for a relationship. I told her that so she could move on in peace , she deserves better and although it hurt my guts having to tell her a false statement , i really want her to be happy. I know ill feel sad when the time comes that she actually finds the guy of her dreams but seeing and knowing that she's hurting because of me breaks my heart. I hope our paths will cross again in the future and maybe when im finally ready for a relationship , i hope our paths meet and we could be together again forever. So is it wrong of me to be lying to her or is that what exs should do?
Is it wrong to lie?
Add Opinion