My ex continues to stare and won’t stop?

I know I’ve asked this question before but now it’s starting to make me curious. Me and my ex have been broken up for 2 years (when he started dating the girls he’s with now) today I waved at him as a joke and screamed hi really loud and he was staring directly at me while I did it so I know for a fact he seen me, (we don’t talk at all) he didn’t wave or anything he just staring at me when I did it and it took a few second to look away. Anyways, he continued to stare at me after I said hi. He kept on trying to sneak glances what it seems like to me and my mom. Like after I said hi really loud to get him to know like “hey dude I see you staring, quit it” I looked in his direction and he whipped his head in another direction. (No he isn’t shy). What the hell? If he has a girlfriend and we’ve been broken up for two years wouldn’t you think he’s be over me by now? He seems happy with his girlfriend of two years.
4 mo
I also want to say a few weeks ago when he seen me he kept on stealing glances at both me and my mom caught it, and he continued to do it every few minutes or so
4 mo
I did wave obnoxiously to him
15
4