Should I pretend to date someone in an attempt to get my ex back?

For context we've been broken up for about 6 months now. I'm genuinely not interested in anyone else, but after getting some counseling and reading some books about it, the recommendation seems to keep coming back to I should date other people or at least pretend to. One counselor even suggested just straight up looking for a female who understands the situation, is attractive and willing to take pictures n stuff with me in exchange for dinner and movies 😂😂 feels super wrong, seems super stupid, but I'm willing to try anything at this point. Thoughts?

4 mo
Although I do appreciate the opinions, bear in mind, this is something I'm not too keen on and is being recommended to me by people who counsel others for a living. I'm not sure if it will work, but the slackjaw answers I been getting here aren't wildly helpful. I do understand those that think it'd be best to just move on, but try to understand that's not an option for me here.
39
58