Have you ever liked an ex’s photo on social media after your relationship ended? If so, what was your motivation behind liking it?

I’m quite curious about this.
My (now) ex ended our 1 year long relationship as he didn’t feel 100% sure about me. It was a drawn out breakup, as he changed his mind a few times. He felt stressed about the decision.
He told me that it would be unfair and selfish of him to extend the relationship, when he isn’t 100% certain.
There was nothing that was terribly wrong. We just communicated slightly differently, and both had very stressful work situations which impacted the relationship.
Im really sad about it, however I respect his decision, as I just want him to be happy, and I need someone who’s sure about me.
We’re having some space right now to heal etc.
we may become friends again, but maybe not.
I do need to be fair on myself.
The relationship finally and officially ended about 10 days ago.
It was his birthday on Thursday. I didn’t contact him for it, as I was respecting the space that we both need right now. And I already gave him a b’day present a few weeks ago, and wished him a happy birthday in advance, in my most recent, and last “closure” message.

Anyway, yesterday (Friday) morning, I logged onto Facebook, and had a notification to say that he had just “liked” a photo I was tagged in a week ago.
So it’s not like the photo would have only just popped up on his newsfeed. As the tagging occurred last week.

Im not holding onto false hope and looking for signs that we wants me again etc. I’m realistic, and as hard as it is, I can accept his decision.

But I’m just feeling a bit confused by his actions.

Has anyone else done something similar, by liking an ex’s photos they’re tagged in after a breakup? Especially non-recent photos?

My guess is it’s a way of someone showing that they want to remain friends.

Has anyone done this?
What made you do it? And what was your motivation in doing it?
0
1