Would you ever trust a girl that thought it was funny to fuck over and hurt a friend?

I divorced my wife for dozens of reasons but a big one was that she told me about this funny joke she played on this close friend of hers. This friend was some what unattractive physically but a really good person. She was having trouble devoloping a good relationship with a quality person. After several failed relationships and at a particularly low point in her selfesteem, my ex thought it would be funny to make up a fake person that was really good looking and seemed smart and all the things that anyone would look for in a s. o. My ex strung her along for days as she got more excited about the prospect of meeting this fictional person. She also let some of her other co workers know what was up and they thought it was really funny that this girl was being set up. They laughed at her behind her back for days. Then finally she said that this guy was coming in to meet her. And in the middle of the day she drops the news on her that the whole thing was a set up. She told me the story and I felt so repulsed by it that I told her how fucked up I thought it was. She seemed genuinely confused by why that was shit. Was I being too sensitive, or is that a truly shitty thing to do to someone thag feels close to you?
2
1