My boyfriend broke up with me but said he still loves me, what do I do?

Him and I had been together for a little over 2 months and we had never argued or had problems. Out of no where one night he texted me asking me not to hate him when he said this and of course I told him I could never hate him and he said “I love you so much and always will but i dont know if im ready for love. i owe you everything for caring about me and i hope this doesn't separate us from being friends. I hope we can be friends im so sorry. If you dont want to talk to me anymore i understand. I just dont want to hurt you.😭 (Plz dont hate me)” He told me after that he had been thinking about what his ex did to him (she was manipulative) the past few days and just didn’t want to hurt me or get hurt. I still love him so much and it hurts so much right now I just need some advice if anyone could give any..
5
3