Should I send him a happy birthday message or should I listen to my gut?

Sorry wasn't sure what to put this under

I was seeing my ex on and off for 5 years we even talked about marriage when things were good they were good but when things were bad they were bad we got back together briefly but I decided it was best to end things for good and walk away after we had a very honest conversation with each other and i realised we both were on different pages and wanting different things I haven't spoken to him in a couple of weeks and he has contacted me however his birthday is coming up in a few days and there is a part of me that wants to send him a happy birthday text but my gut is telling me not too and to stick to the no contact as this is the longest I have gone without contacting him which I'm sure he would be very surprised about as I am usually contacting him by now

Should I send him a happy birthday message since he is someone that I do love very much or is it best for me to still go no contact and not send him a happy birthday message?
1
0