Is it okay to stay in touch with my abusive ex husband?

I know it sounds crazy. But for those of you who may have been married/divorced or maybe been through similar situations, you know it’s not easy to cut ties with someone you love. I’m currently going through a divorce. Our marriage took a turn for the worst as he became increasingly aggressive and physically violent with me. I’ve moved out and he’s moved back to his hometown and we’re both still adjusting. And while I do feel it may be wrong of me to keep in touch with him, I have been. Not everyday, but we do check up on each other here and there and I am trying to get him help and sending him info (anger management, seeking therapy, etc.) a part of me feels crazy, knowing what he did to me and how he treated me and I’m still willing to be here for him. But another part of me still loves and cares for him. And even though we aren’t going to be together anymore I want him to be okay and get the help he needs. I just don’t know if I’m playing with fire by keeping in contact. And by that I mean I know the statistics of women like me and ending up back together with the same dude who beat on them. Sweet talking, empty promises to change, etc. I’d just like some opinions and maybe advice. Is it okay for me to stay in touch with my abusive ex?
Is it okay to stay in touch with my abusive ex husband?
Add Opinion