Am I too nice/forgiving?

I seem to have a lot of issues with people. I try to always be the bigger man and treat people how I'd like to be treated.
But even if someone wrongs me, I try to forgive them and help them when they ask. Often compromising how I feel about myself.
For an even better example, I went out on a date with a girl I knew through college who had a crush on me. She cried during the date saying she wasn't ready to date after the breakup she had 8 months prior. I still drove her home, and let her talk about her ex the whole ride home and still have her a kiss on the cheek and said I understood. She gave me several hugs, but was incredibly rude the days following. I don't know why I even bothered saying anything.
I've also tried to change myself or parts of my life to make relationships work, like trying religions, going to places I'd rather not go. Like clubs and whatnot.
I even kept forgiving and getting back together with my ex after she kept breaking up with me because I wasn't a Mormon but also letting her hurt me and walk all over me.
I try so hard to be nice and people take advantage of that and I'm just bummed out. I don't have many friends I keep in contact with, and I can't seem to get a girlfriend. I just keep meeting terrible people.
What should I do?
Am I too nice/forgiving?
0
1