Should I be okay with him choosing weed over me?

so, I've been dating this guy for a year now. At the very beginning of our relationship we talked about a lot of things, including marijuana. He knows I don't have a problem with it, hell, I even have a lot of friends who smoke it. It just isn't something that I personally want in my relationship and he knew that. A couple months ago he came out and told me that he was smoking the entire time behind my back, and didn't tell me in fear that I would leave him. I was extremely upset, mostly because he kept something from me knowing I didn't want that in my relationship. I get that he didn't want to lose me, but he should have told me. He took away my choice. I should have been able to decide from the very beginning if I wanted to stay with someone who smokes weed or if I should part ways with him before getting too attached. He's a heavy cigarette smoker, and I already don't like that, I just want him to be healthy.. he told me he doesn't depend on it, but he smokes it all the time, he even goes to work high. He says he does it to help with his depression and anxiety. And I get that it's a way healthier option than taking actual meds that may mess him up over time. I told him that ANYTHING can become an addiction once you start to truly depend on it to even be able to do simple daily tasks. I told him I'd be okay if he cut back a bit, y'know, compromise. He did at first but now he's back to doing it basically 24/7. We've had arguments over it, and it sucks, because I love him so much but he's just different when he's high. He's more calm, yes, but he's also more distant and can be rude and hurts my feelings with things that he says. He calls me too overly sensitive, but he's just being a dick and doesn't care. He tells me to leave if I'm not happy, but how can he be willing to throw away a year of us for his weed? I don't know what to do, guys. I love him so much, and ultimatums are never good for relationships, but is that what I need to do? Please help..
Should I be okay with him choosing weed over me?
Add Opinion