Should I accept this ex's friend request?

I have an ex who fundamentally broke my trust and lied about a really serious thing for years. I found out and he apologized. I tried to be understanding and I thought we were "working through it"; but he didn't put that much effort into it. For example, to the point of agreeing to meet friends of mine then bailing because he was afraid they'd not like him after what he did to me. He decided it was "too hard to try anymore" and broke up with me, telling me how if he ever loved me he'd have been honest from the start and felt 'glad' that I was hurt by the break up. That it was my fault he acted "immaturely" to begin with and that I was simply too much "effort" to bother with. He did say he wanted me to find someone who didn't do that to me and got weirdly jealous/pissy at the next guy I dated. After all the dust settled he's trying to facebook friend me and trying to find out about me. I feel like a jerk if I say I don't want to be friends with an ex who broke up with me - it sounds really petty and like I'm not 'over' it. At the same time, I couldn't trust him when we WERE dating so I doubt I'd want to trust him with personal information now?
Should I accept this ex's friend request?
Add Opinion