Would you be offended or upset if someone said this to you?

I finally spoke up and told someone I have known for 5 years and who I love very much that I feel that we could have had an amazing relationship and made it work if we fought for eachother and we didn't give up so easily and if we made more time for one another I know he saw my message but he didn't respond which I kind of assumed would happen

My question is if you had known someone for 5 years and they said that to you would you be mad or upset or would you start to think that maybe she is right

This is not about me trying to get him back and I have told him this there was just a lot that happened between us that I know it will never work but I am just looking for honest opinions about how you would feel if someone said that to you
3 mo
To give a bit of background I have trust issues and this caused problems in our relationship our communication was like a rollercoaster when we argued I'd block him for day and he would block me for a month or 2 but we always eventually came back to eachother just a month ago he talked about us getting married and he said how he should have married me a long time ago however he wasn't really making an effort to spend time with me after saying this
3 mo
He then told me he was moving back in with his parents as he could no longer afford the rent where he is currently living but he told me we could no longer spend nights together and we would just meet up when we can but I knew this meant I would only see him once every 2 or 3 months I knew I would be unhappy in the long run as I wanted to spend more time with him
3
3