Why do people ignore others and fade out rather than have decency to end a relationship?

I only did this with a guy I had 2 dates with and then ended up telling him to fuck off because he wouldn't get the message, so I didn't even do it then ( very weird mummy's boy. Called her to tell her how much taking me to the cinema cost and had the nerve to tell me on our second meeting that his mother said I wasn't wife material as I didn't cook for him. Had the audacity to ask me to meet him at the train station for 5 minutes when he was passing through my town after that like it was "brief encounter" or some shit. Or that I actually didn't want to pretend I never met him. Guy way better online than in person. Didn't even look like his photos. No way was he 190cm either. I digress...)
I just think it's so disrespectful. Just tell people to their faces and upfront it's done and say why. They at least deserve that. I told one ex the truth- he was a psycho. And he really was. He used to show up at my place after midnight to check I was alone and home. So you can imagine how much nerve that took. Anyway. Thoughts?
1
1