Why does my ex boyfriend want to be friends and constantly tries to get my attention?

My ex of 4 years left me 7 months ago for another girl. All three of us work together. I have completely ignored both of them. I’ve done nothing but work on myself for months. We recently spoke for the first time and he said he wants me in his life and misses me. He Said I’m his best friend.. I told him I was unsure as I still have feelings for him. He said knowing I still have feelings he still wants me around and wants to hang out... he tried kissing me twice, holding my hand and kept calling me “babe” like we were still together.
it’s more in depth than that but I don't know if I should go into more detail. Since this “I wanna be friends” conversation he’s still flaunting his relationship in my face and now tries to talk to me all the time at work.

I’m civil cause we all work together. Yesterday he gave me a ring I hadn’t seen in years that he “found” in his room. The day before that he told me my hair looked amazing. ? What? I don’t get it. Why does he go out of his way to talk or interact with me? All I do is ignore him. This is the most hurtful situation I’ve ever been in. I’m having a really hard time wrapping my head around this situation.
Why would you want your ex around period never mind when your seeing someone else? just wanted a guys perception/ opinion.
3
0