What to expect from an insecure ex?

My b. f. and I recently broke up. He had... well... a STRING of insecurities. I tried getting past them and working with him, but every time I was patient and understanding with him - it just made him feel "guiltier" and he projected his anger onto me. It came down to a point where it was obvious he wasn't "building" any relationship at all with me but still wanted to use me for social status, financial gain, emotional support and as someone to blame for everything that went wrong in his life. I told him "no", that WASN'T cool with me. During the breakup he gave me mixed messages saying that I was a "burden" to him and he was glad to be rid of me (?), then saying that I deserved someone better (?) and whined how he couldn't make me "happy"(?). He said he still wanted to be "friends" but kept calling me names and wanted me to agree that I WAS all those things he accused me of. When I didn't, he got totally pissed that I wasn't comforting him (?). I totally ghosted him after that. It's a month later, now, and I'm being transferred to his branch (totally unrelated reasons). I'm not sure how he's going to act with me once we meet again. Any ideas? Anyone has experience with post breakups with insecure people?
What to expect from an insecure ex?
Add Opinion