Why would he claim to love her and ask to marry her just to hurt her? Makes no sense?

Been with my boyfriend at the time for sometime. He said he wanted to marry me and asked my ring size.

Anyway 2 days after that he got real angry that I began washing closing right before he had a meeting. Well I didn’t even know about this meeting... how’s it my fault? I apologized and he kept going using curse words. I then got upset and yelled back. He threaten to make me Uber home.

I then shut up just to get the ride back home. We argued after and we broke up. During that he says he regretted seeing me. He then said he was gonna tell me new job to drug test be sense I smoked weed with him. Although , he’s not gonna do that. How did things change super drastically like this?

For a guy to make a big deal out of nothing , he must have been seeing another woman?

I don’t get how to can claim to love someone, want to marry them and be treated do horribly? Also the night prior he took my phone and went into the bathroom for like 5 min which is very disrespectful and insecure. He told me I was with him and he didn’t want me looking at my phone.

Sometimes, he will say these things and contact me after 3 weeks to get back together. He thinks I’m crazy and claims me. What did I do so horrible in the story I explained? Or did he want an excuse to break up with me fir someone else maybe? To make it worse , I had my one year old daughter when he was saying bad stuff and I kept trying to stay quiet and walk away.
9
11