My boyfriend of 10 months just told me he ‘needs space’ to work out what he wants to do with his life but it doesn’t make sense?

Okay so lovely boyfriend, I’ve been with him 10 months. He’s my absolute world and I love him to bits.. And he turned around today and told me he needed ‘space’.

We’re long distance at the moment because we go to uni together. He lives just outside of my uni town, and I live on the other side of the country. He’s apparently trying to work out if he should stay in uni or pursue work to further his career.

Apparently being with me in the relationship would impact his decision. Which I would normally totally understand. But I’m gonna be back in the uni town in September anyway, which means we’ll live nearby each other even if he drops out of uni.

I just don’t understand how our relationship would have any impact on his decision as we’d be able to stay together easily either way. He just said it was a decision he’d rather ‘make alone’.

So he's asked for space, but still to chat normally over snapchat and stuff? And when we finished this phone call where he told me all this stuff, he told me that he loved me lots?

I guess I’m just hoping someone can make sense of this? Cos I sure as hell can't 😂
1
2