I'm Worried About My Ex Hurting Himself?

My ex and I broke up 2 months ago. We dated for 4 years and we were each other's first love and first serious relationship. I broke up with him because he had intentions of marrying me and having a family but I realized that I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. After the break up we went an entire month of no contact but after that I made a huge mistake and we hooked up three times in last month. During our time together he asked if I had slept with anyone else and I answered honestly that I had but wasn't seeing anyone seriously. This led us into a fight and I realized that continuing to be intimate was making things difficult for both of us to move on (obvious I know). I told him that we shouldn't hook up anymore and he expressed that he would really like to be friends (another bad idea). I ended up telling him that I thought it would be best for both of us to have no contact.

He has sent me text messages telling me that he feels depressed. He drinks alcohol most nights and he sometimes self harms. He has sent me pictures of his cuts. He says not being able to talk to me might kill him because I'm his only friend.

I don't think he is doing this just for my attention.

I have called his older sister and male best friend and expressed my concern for his mental health and that I'm afraid he might be suicidal. His sister promised she would keep an eye on him and his friend is trying to convince him to see a therapist. I have also tried to tell my ex he should see a counselor and even offered to go with him but he refuses.
When my ex found out that I had told his sister and best friend about his mental state he was so angry at me. His sister and friend have tried to reach out to my ex but they tell me that he doesn't talk to them and has completely shut them out emotionally.

I'm at a lost at this point and don't know what to do.
0
2