Could you ever just give up on the girl of your dreams and move on entirely?

I'm so torn , I meet the girl of my dreams several years ago. fortunately we even live in the same town. and I always though all would be well eventually , at some point it would all just work out.

but then I feel like its not going to happen , some have said she won't sleep with me cause she see's how excited I get over even the tiniest things she does. like a tiny amount of cleavage or seeing her in tiny blue jean shorts. and she knows I wouldn't be able to deal with being with her and that I'd get way too attached.

lately things got a little weird between us , and I was forced to write her an apology as some of my actions had crossed the line. she seems to have accepted the apology and seems better about things.

I'm just mentally torn at the though of giving up on her entirely and being forced to accept the reality it was never going to happen. I just don't know if I can accept it even though I realise that I might soon not have any choice
1
1