What have people done to get their ex back?

My guy and I have been together for so long and we love each other a lot. Things just fell down the rabbit hole because of stress of life. He has no friends, hobbies or real job and I was similar on the job scene. That being said, he wanted to pursue a future with me up until last week when he felt that the stress got too much, and that we were fighting too much because of neediness. I walked away because he was very hurtful, and I’ve since not spoken to him to give him space.

He knows as well as I do that we’re good together, his vision is just clouded at the moment because he was angry at me for the fighting and he really said I put him down for being so needy and too much during such a hard time in his life. But only 2 days before that he was telling me how much he loved me and that the last few years have been his best. The week prior to this, he engaged fully in meeting up loads and trying to put in effort to see me. He was always looking at the future, but stress has made him snap.

What’s my best move to let him see what we had until he returns? Is space the best alternative, & then communicate positively in a few weeks?
3
0