Separated from my husband because of weird controlling behavior am I overreacting?

Thursday night I come home from a festival had a great time -He was invited to but he couldn't decide if he should go or not. He starts like crossexamining me asking me hundreds of questions about the festival and who I was with and making repeat my answers over and over and over. He demands a minute by minute report of what I did. I tell him. Then he accuses me of lying about what kind of rides were there. So I said I am not talking to you anymore and went and saw Once upon a time in Hollywood with my girlfriends.

Yesterday He gets mad I won't go to bed when he does. I want to stay up and watch Colbert and reruns of the office. He also gets mad I sit in a certain chair and not the couch. The couch has springs coming out of it and hurts my back and neck so I am not sitting there. He starts pacing around the chair I am in and trying to knock it over. He brings up the fact that he has to pay for everything, I never asked him to do that he bought me a new futon (I never asked him to do that) and ice cream so I should deal with him pacing around my chair trying to knock it over.

I broke up with him because he kept trying to go in my study and go through my things and kept saying I am waking his mom up with my stupid fights at night but he is the one who started, so I finished it by leaving with my dog my personal things and clothes. I did take the futon so I would have something to sleep on and paid him back for it and he ripped the check up,
3
2