I fell in love with someone while I'm already in a relationship. What now?

Background: my relationship was already near ending. We've fought too much, we're too different and I noticed myself feeling less and less for him. Maybe that's why I was capable of new feelings, as I've never been one to stray.

My boyfriend knows we've talked about breaking up. I want to see it through for another week or two, to be sure of my decision and sure that I've tried everything to fix us.

If I had good hopes, I'd just avoid the new guy and forget him altogether. However, given the situation, I want to stay in touch. He knows my situation, but not my new feelings. He told me he sees me as just a friend. However, he's given me a vibe that he might be interested otherwise too (like trying to impress me, initiating conversations, asking to hang out a lot etc). He keeps restating that it's just platonic, but...

Do you think it's a good decision to first try and save my relationship?
And secondly: whichever way it goes, I want to know how the new guy feels. Do you think he might be interested in more, or should I believe his words?
3 mo
Sorry for long text, thanks if you took the effort to read it :)
1
0