Have you or would you ever attempt to stop someone from getting married before their wedding day?

About 15 years ago, my friend was set to marry this awful guy whom she knew had cheated on her. He also had a massive gambling debt and no real ambition in life which was the total opposite from her. A few friends and I staged a literal intervention to try to get her to not marry this guy and she didn't at first. She cancelled her whole wedding, but then she ran off to marry him in secret. Cut now to the present, she's now in massive debt because of him and he's making it worse by not selling off their mutual property which he can't afford, he's cheated on her again, and is in worse off shape mentally than when they married.

Do you think you should try to stop a wedding if it's a family member/friend you think is making a terrible life choice or should you just mind your business?
I have or would definitely try to stop a wedding if I knew their partner was bad
I probably wouldn't try to stop the wedding, but I would counsel them
It's none of anyones business who someone marries or not and you shouldn't ever get involved
Vote C
GirlGuy
16
9