My ex broke up with me and I’m not coping?

My ex broke up with me after 3 years completely out of the blue. When we initially met he was extremely angry and nasty to me. He told me I was unbearable, that we were incompatible and that I was controlling. I was so upset and walked away. I honestly didn’t know where it was coming from because I’d just been with him the day before and he’d been all over me.

He called me a week later (which he now denies and says it must’ve been a butt dial because he doesn’t know what I’m talking about- lies). I didn’t answer and he reacted the next day by deleting photos of us online (which he has since said were upsetting him so he removed them). He also muted me so he doesn’t have to see what I’m up to.

I met with him last week, 3 weeks after everything, and he acted like he was fine. It was like talking to a stranger. He told me he wanted to go find himself and start a new chapter with a career. He spoke about our relationship as if it was 10 years ago. My heart was so broken because I can’t understand how he switched. He kept saying he was thrilled with the decision but he’d then go “my whole family are devastated because they love you so much” and then kept saying “this has been so hard for me, the emotions are all still there, you’ve the biggest heart and you make me so proud”. He said all of this but still seemed so delighted with his choice.

I feel so sick to my stomach right now. He had just asked me to move away with him. We’ve a huge holiday paid for in November which he said to give to my parents or to bring one of my girl mates (which he emphasised- he didn’t seem to like the idea of me going with a guy).

I feel like my world has been turned upside down because how can you say one day that you’ve had the best 3 years of your life, to the next day say you can’t stand me? I don’t know what to do, I feel like I deserve so much more, so many more answers. My confidence has been kicked & the one person I could go to about anything has just disappeared.
2
1