What are reasons you would finally give up on a relationship, even though you did not want to?

Recently I've been smitten, I actually met a guy who I've even allowed to have a Closed relationship with. From day one we’ve shared the same likes and dislikes, share the same political views and basically finish each others sentences. We both agreed from the beginning we like space, and wanted to be open with each other about everything. Recently after two months the space issue is becoming a problem, i feel like he's smothering me and constantly questioning if i care. I know its sounds crazy but I've known from day one this guy was marriage potential (im highly against marriage so to say this is HUGE). My only issues are i feel like im hurting him because I can't love him the way he deserves., so I've been distant and not responding or talking to him. he's finally stopped texting/ calling and its been a week. Not sure whether i handled this right but feel like i did the right thing even though all i want to do is to talk to him..

So to sum it up, have you ever left someone even though you didn't want to?
28 d
Sorry guys, realize i worded some things wrong! This has been going on since October 2018, so 10 months. It was heavy since the beginning but was also light. 2 months ago is when the issues began.**

Thank you all for all the great answers, all amazing so far. Thanks☺️💋
44
12