What is the best way to end up the things with this guy?

We were in love when we were dating the first few months and we decided to make things more serious by calling it relationship. He promised me the things won't change as his attitude won't change towards me... but since then it seems he started to make less and less effort. My behavior didn't change and seems like I am the one who makes the effort to keep the relationship (I could be wrong but this is how I feel it). I like him but he started criticizing me too often and I feel like I am the one who aligns to his plans because when I offer something he always offers back totally different time or day to do it. Always. At first I was fine with all of this but now it is just draining me and I don't feel it anymore. I think maybe it was like that the whole time, I was just to blind to see it, I guess. I don't want to be in a relationship where there's no 100 percent dedication. Maybe he is satisfied with relationship like that but I am not. I already do almost everything alone, he just started to feel heavy on me. What is the best way to say goodbye? I am a bit scared of his reaction - he can be harsh sometimes and I have no idea if he assumes what is on my mind.
What is the best way to end up the things with this guy?
Add Opinion