Have you ever broken up a relationship and later regretted it but couldn't put the relationship back together?

When I have initiated a break up of a relationship, I have always had some lingering doubts about whether I've done the right thing. The prospect of being alone, of never again sharing the good times that we had, missing her touch, her smell, her laugh. . . all of those are reasons to pause and wonder whether I have done the right thing. Most major decisions in life cause me to at least consider the possibility that I have made a mistake. I accept that as part of the process of breaking up and not a good reason to try to put things back together.

I've had two break ups that led to such substantial doubt that I wanted to put things back together. The first time, we broke up in 1980, reunited in 2003, married in 2005, and divorced in 2007. Obviously. . . the reunion was a mistake.

The second time was 2007. We broke up because she moved four hours away and it just wasn't practical to try to maintain the relationship at that distance. I have seen Oksana a few times since the break up, and they were pleasant occasions, but we are still at a distance. . . and I now have a girlfriend who lives with me. I haven't spoken to Oksana since I met my current girlfriend. Who knows what the future may hold for us? I am hoping that my current girlfriend and I work out long term but we have had some trials recently. I try not to think of Oksana but I don't know how to delete those memories from my hard drive.

Have you ever broken up a relationship and then tried to put it back together? What happened? Was the relationship successful after the reunion?
I've never been in a relationship
I'm in my first relationship and we are still together
I've been in relationships but I've never been the one to initiate a break up
Vote C
I've been in relationships, and I've initiated at least one break up, but I never regretted those break ups
Vote D
I've been in relationships, I've initiated at least one break up that I later regretted, but I was able to get the relationship together again
Vote E
I've been in relationships, I've initiated at least one break up that I later regretted, and I was unable to get the relationship together again
Vote F
GirlGuy
21
19