I can’t get over my ex, I don’t know what to do?

I miss my ex so desperately more and more. We broke up 2 years ago but it was so different. We broke up after a lot of fall out and arguing, there was clear distance between us.
This time, it came out of nowhere. We were so so in love and there were no signs. He’d just planned out our future together by asking me to move away with him. He’d been just talking about a holiday we have together. Then out of nowhere he said he needed to go and find himself. He said I was unbearable & that we were incompatible.

We met up a few weeks after an angry breakup and he said he’s so proud of me and that I’m amazing and that he’s so heartbroken but he feels it’s for the best. I pretended to agree even though I can’t make sense of any of it. We’d a huge holiday together booked for November and we’d been so excited. Now he’s telling me to just bring a friend or give the tickets to my parents. It’s like he wasn’t thinking straight when he said everything. Like we spent a lot of money on this trip. He owes me money but he hasn’t paid me back yet. He told me he wasn’t going to go on tinder because it was for young people and for immature people, yet he’s now on it. He tried to nearly discourage me from going on it.

He’s muted me online and deleted photos of us. When I asked why, he said he couldn’t look at my stuff online because it hurts. If it hurts, why break up with me? We were such a good couple, we had barely any bad moments. He said that he’s had doubts for months which I don’t believe. He was the only one out of the 2 of us who always talked about our future.

Since ending, he must be really lonely, because he’s reaching out to very old friends who treated him badly. He tried to say hey to me on the street the other day but I just smiled and kept walking. I can’t seem to get over this. My heart is so broken, I feel so numb. How can someone in love just destroy what we had together! All because he’s starting over with a new career.
4
0