Any advice for getting over a breakup?

I just broke up with my boyfriend of two years and its been a struggle to keep my mind off of him. I broke things off partially because I thought he was hiding things from me, and in general the entire relationship was difficult to begin with. He was from another country, spoke another language, and his religion conflicted with mine (which I didn't have a problem with, but his family would). He struggled with anger issues but not towards me, to other people that wouldn't respect him. He hung out with a group of people that got in trouble with the law a lot, which resulted in him getting in trouble. I still loved him despite everything he did but it did bother me. At one point in the relationship he wouldn't talk to me and seemed to make up excuses to not see me. When I did get the chance to see him he seemed out of it and revealed to me that he doesn't want to see anyone in his life, including me. He then texted me saying because I wasn't ready to have sex with him, he would go fuck other girls that were interested. So for a solid month I was depressed and barely ate anything. I had little to no motivation to go to college and attend my classes. Despite all of that, I didn't tell my family because I wanted things to work out. SO long story short we got back together and things were going great, until I felt like all of this was now actually bothering me. So I told my family and now we broke up for good. I still text him occasionally to make sure he's doing okay and he's fixing his life. I just need advice about how to move on and how to notice these things the next time I get into a relationship.
Any advice for getting over a breakup?
Add Opinion