My ex boyfriend is acting like a different person, but why? Is there hope for us still? Will he come back to me? Is it just a phase?

We were together for 1.5 years. We’ve been broken up 2 months. We started dating when we were young (16+17). We were best friends before we started dating and it took him a long time to admit his feelings for me. When we finally got in a relationship, it felt so natural. Our relationship was great for the most part. There was issues with his family but nothing too extreme. It felt like real love, it was amazing. We spent So much time together. He never voiced a want for space or a break.

He started to treat me awfully for the last month of our relationship and I asked for a break twice but he refused. He assured me many times his love for me. He spent weekends at my house and would cry if his parents got in the way. We got into a fight when he made plans with his friends when we had plans and refused to fix it.

Suddenly he went from telling me how much he loved me and wanted me to saying he didn’t love me anymore within 2 days. He broke up with me over the phone and refused to meet up with me to talk about it.

Since our break up he is acting like a completely different person. He has been drinking a lot and partying. He is going out to places he told me he hated going. He is talking to a new girl and all. I’ve seen him twice but I haven’t talked to him. We’ve just been at the same events, the first time I saw him he was talking to some other girl and I left. The second time was last week, I ignored him and acted like he was anyone else. I sat at his table with his friends, I danced with his friends and had an amazing night. By the end of the night he was sitting with his head in his hands, looking miserable.

Today he unfollowed me on instagram out of nowhere. I’ve done no contact for nearly 2 months now. He still hasn’t collected his stuff from my house, but has told his friends I refused to give him his stuff back. Up until he unfollowed me hed watch all my stories. I miss the guy I dated. I love Who I was with. I just don’t understand.
4
4