What do you guys see? I need some perspective from others and what you think I should do? does he even want me?

i been talking to a guy for exactly a month. we got to know each other. the first date was amazing we automatically clicked and he said he wants to continue seeing me. i felt the same way. we started hanging out more and more and we kinda became committed. we confessed our feelings to each other saying i love you. but as we started to get serious we had a few arguments but not bad ones. a few days ago he mentions things how he is a bad person and how i’m such a good person. i was confused. he talked to me and told me things that he needs time for himself and how he still cares about his ex a little bit bc they barely broke up. it hurted me a lot bc it was unexpected and we confessed our feelings to each other already. the night that he broke things up w me he seemed like he wasn’t even sure what to do. he still cared about me a lot he said and i made him happy. he did look sad he cried i cried. when i got home, we talked a little bit more in text and i left him a paragraph how much i wanted him and to realize how his ex treated him like shit. and he didn’t reply to the paragraph i guess he needs time to think about everything i have more to say but this is just part of it lmao sorry for the long detail.
3
1