Ex left me for another girl & is back after a year what does this mean?

Me & my ex dated in September of 2017 which didn't last long because he stopped talking to me for no reason and acted as if he hated me when we saw each other at school. I will say he did tell one our mutual friends that he just wasn't feeling me anymore, we stopped talking September 13th 2017 and he decided to come back around in February of 2018 we talked for like a month before this new girl moved to our school. He claimed he was so in love with me before she came and apologized for past mistakes. Well long story short we stopped talking again on February 22nd 2018 and before we stopped talking I would see him walk this girl to the bus instead of me & I was the one he was with! (crazy right, ik) Well we stopped talking him & this other girl got together at the beginning of march (started dating) and at school he would always throw it in my face he'd grab her hand in front of me and make sure I saw which sucked. They have been together for a year now and he's back in my messages now asking me for pictures and complimenting me meanwhile they are still together. I said to him don't you have a girlfriend? & he said "no, I had one" but it still says in both there bios they are still together. So what does this mean? what does he want for me? & what should I do?
8
2