How do you know when it's time to end a relationship?

so, I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years... 6 YEARS !! he grew up. in poverty and I grew up in middle class, so it's a lot of things he didn't know about life and how to really maneuver. I've always wanted better for myself. I have dreams and goals that I want to achieve and I've always tried to push him to set goals and dream big because he has so much potential. we set a life plan together and goals that WE wanted to achieve as couple. since he didn't have much I always tried to help him get on his feet , so I would spend MY money to help HIM because I thought we was on the same page. as of recent , we had a conversation and long story short , he told me he was content with life... mind you we stay we in a house with 5 other people. how can you be content in life living like this? he basically said he doesn't have the same drive and ambition as me & he's okay with that. I feel like it was a slap in the face to me because I spent A LOT of my hard earned money just for him to turn around say that to me.
How do you know when it's time to end a relationship?
Add Opinion