I love my boyfriend and he's my best friend but I am not sexually interested in him anymore, should I stay?

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years now and we have a dog. We started off the relationship as long distance and we have been living together for a year now. Everything moved really quickly (with the dog, etc.) as we've been together for so long, but I don't think either of us stopped to think it all through and make sure everything between us was still right after such a long time apart. He is my absolute best friend of all time and I love spending time with him but I have no interest in having sex with him and it feels like a chore and I' very reluctant if we do (I did try to explain it to him once and we almost broke up because of it). For me the spark is absolutely gone and I am not sure there is anything I can do to bring it back. I'm concerned that the relationship is no longer right for me and that I'm only holding onto the relationship out of fear of breaking his heart. I love him and I really don't want to lose him at all but obviously we won't be able to stay friends in the same way if we do break up. Has anyone stayed in a friendship relationship and managed to make it work, or am I just clutching at straws and dragging the whole thing out for him? Am I also being selfish depriving him of an equally loving but also sexual relationship? I also don't want to lose my dog either but I also couldn't break up with him and take the dog too... HELP!
5
0