Help, Want Ex girlfriend Back!!

So I'll try and be brief:

Me: 23 and just graduated from college

Her: 19 and still in college

2/26/11

So we were together for 5 months and she broke up with me 10 days ago. Kind of harsh breakup, words were said to each other. And she hung up and text me "we are done". (FYI she wanted space to "figure out what she wants in life" and I couldn't handle it and kept pushing and questioning her)

I went no contact except two texts requesting my loaned stuff back(TV, money, etc..). She dropped it off at my friends apartment. I texted her "thanks for dropping my stuff off at josh's" she responded "your lucky I didn't break it with a bat".

3/6/11

Anyway, the last 10 days I have been doing a lot of thinking about what went wrong and such. What I did wrong. So I called her and left her an apology message, I didn't even cry, beg, or plead.

This is the message I left on her cell:

Hey XXXXXX,

Over the last week I have been doing a lot of reflecting on myself through reading, thinking, and talking. I wanted to let you know some things that mean a lot to me. First, I am sorry for being jealous about your ex's and male friends. I have started to figure out why I have those feelings and I am working on changing it. I am sorry for not giving you the space when times were stressful. That was due to my insecurities taking a hold of me. I am sorry for letting my emotions get the best of me the night when we broke up; it was uncalled for what I did. It is usually something that doesn't happen and I am very embarrassed and ashamed that I did. I also want to apologize for saying something that upset your mother.

She is a wonderful and smart lady who I do not mean to disrespect or upset. I really care about all the members of your family. It hurts me to think that I upset some members of your family and you. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my apology.

I hope you're taking care of yourself and your week is going good. I hope that you'll forgive me for the mistakes I have made.

FYI- Her mom is in stage 3 cancer and I sent her an email saying God Bless her and that she is in my thoughts and prayers. Apparently, it made her cry and feel like she is dieing.

She has not responded and it is eating me alive. Was this a decent apology...?

3/7/11

I went and got my stuff back. I stopped by her parents house and apologized to her mom face to face for hurting her and her daughter (my ex). She said that I didn't upset her and that she really appreciates the care and thought I had for her daughter. She said her daughter just misunderstood the message. She said to stay in contact with her and I left my ex a wood gift I made, with a letter accepting that she broke up with me. I also acknowledge the mistakes I made and how I am trying to correct them (basically everything I said in the voice mail. I did not blame her or attack her. Just accepted what I did wrong). All I asked for in the letter was her forgiveness for the mistakes I have made.
+1 y
I was so nervous about talking to her mom face to face. But it went very smoothly.

3/11/11

I still haven't heard from her, 4 days no contact so far.
+1 y
It would it be in my best interest to keep up no contact. She said a few weeks she needed space and I didn't give it to her. I would text, IM, or call at least everyday. She said she is stressed (college, job, paying for rent, mom has cancer, & sorority)
+1 y
What can I do to get her back? Keep up no contact and maybe if she doesn't contact me in 30 days than try contacting her once?
+1 y
Anyone else have suggestions?
Help, Want Ex girlfriend Back!!
0
2