I need serious help?

So basically my ex treated me like shit toward the end of our relationship he always tried to leave, paid naked girls online, never texted or called, added girls on fb, never spent a holiday or time with me so on Easter I couldn’t take it anymore went on a date hated it was way to soon. So I tried to fix things with my ex for months then he pushed me to my limit had sex with me while talking to girls, said he didn’t love me anymore, left me stranded, screamed at me, snapped girls in bed with me. I reached my fuvking limit. Then he says he needs me the thought of loosing me is unbearable he says we’re soulmates blah blah blah he tries to convince me he’s changed like last time I left he convinced me and he claims he did all that out of anger from me going on the date. So for the past couple months he’s showing me a huge difference he’s the guy I fell in love with he’s sweet, caring, loving, and spends as much time says he’ll move out here, agreed to no sex, however is this all an act? Part of me feels like he just wanted to play the field while knowing he had me as an option. I even saw him ask a question on guys ask girls about quitting his job for another girl 2 weeks after we broke up!! I was just started to think about giving him a chance is he full of shit? He’s not that hot he’s not rich which is what I usually go for but I loved who he was I feel comfortable with him more than any other guy, but will this be a mistake if I take him back? Am I stupid? Part of me is like why didn’t he just stay he says he couldn’t date anyone else but is that just because they rejected him? Because I have so many nice guys ready to date me and I’m emotionally ready to start dating someone else, but before I commit to someone else do I keep our connection was amazing I don't know what do I do?
I need serious help?
Add Opinion