Why is he checking up on me when he hurt me? Why is he acting like I’m dirt when I didn’t do anything wrong?

Hi,
I’m confused on my first exes actions. He’s the first boyfriend I’ve had and we were together almost two years. Therefore; I’m not sure how guys truly work yet involving emotions. He never truly let me in much to see his true ones.

He dumped me out of nowhere a couple months ago. Left me heartbroken but aware of my worth! He’s been asking people who know him and I both about me. This girl has been going back to him and saying all what I’ve been doing in my life for the past two months. Just caught on to that yesterday.

Ideas as to why he is doing this when he was the one who hurt me? I was a genuine and everything good to him yet he lied and pretended to be someone he’s not.
4
2