Do you think your exes know when they have humiliated you? Or are the usually oblivious?

I got the slow, drawn out breakup. One day he just stopped texting back. I would text once a week for about a month just checking if he would respond or asking if he was mad at me until I gave up. I was in initial shock and confusion because I just thought I meant more to him than for him to ditch me without a goodbye. Then one day he called. He asked how I was doing and told me if I needed anything he would be here for me. I didn’t ask what happened, I just asked him if he had truly ever loved me. He just sighed and said “yeah I did” and that was the last time we spoke for a while. After a few months I texted him for closure. We texted all night with him admitting to his “reason” (excuse) for not talking to me. He said he lost his house and was embarrassed. He asked to meet up the next day and I was hesitant but I did meet him at his brothers house the next day (where he was now living in the basement). I admitted that I had come for closure and to hear him admit from his own mouth that he had lied about his feelings for me so that I could move on. He cried instead and told me he missed me and he hated how his life was going. All my protective instincts came back and I started comforting him. We kissed and then we went into the basement where I initially just went to sleep. I woke up and asked him to take me home and then on the drive home I changed my mind because I didn’t want to wake my family so I went back and got so caught up in missing him that I allowed my lust and pent up sexual frustration to take over. We had (kind of) sex. It was quick and nobody finished because I asked him to stop. After a few more days of talking he disappeared again. I stupidly invited him to my birthday party a month later and him agreeing to come was the last thing we ever talked about. After that I just was mortified at the thought of ever running into him again. I panic and hide from just seeing his friends in public. I only hope he has no idea how bad he humiliated me
1
1