Why would she do all this if she wasn't going to marry me?

I had been dating this very religious girl for a handful of years. Sometimes things got difficult, but we were making it work.
She had committed to leave for a mission and it was a few months leading up to that. We took a two week getaway to enjoy our time together before she left. I asked her to marry me and she said she would officially accept when she came back. She took the ring I wore as a promise ring and made it a necklace. She said I'd get it back at our wedding.
I had proposed with a simple ring she could wear on her mission, and she knew I'd have a different one when she came back, so she sent me engagement ring ideas. She even texted me saying she found her dream wedding dress and bought it already. Refused to let me see because of its unlucky to see the bride deal...
But she started pushing me away before she left and broke up with me while she was gone. She said our relationship would have never worked and she couldn't be with me.

4 months after she returned from her year long mission, she married someone else.

Like! WTF?
3
3