Why would someone apologize for their bad behavior and then continue to do those same behaviors?

I apologized for publicly airing things and I meant it, in hopes that things would be at rest. He apologized too but today I found he's still spreading lies, while also blaming me for not being the highest points holder on GaG.

It has been suggested to me that I not retaliate, lest the war should continue. But do YOU fight back? Or just continue to let the person wage war upon you?

What would YOU do?
6 d
The person in question believes I falsely accused him of a crime, which is why he's still continuing. I apologized for publicly sharing things that should have remained private. I'm not going to apologize for something I did not do. I'm sticking with the mantra, "I cannot control a person's faulty perception of me."

So that being said, please no more comments on this question. I HAVE to ignore it from now on, for my own peace of mind. Thank you for your words of encouragement here.
44
20