How do you get over being a rebound?

I didn’t know I was a rebound until everything was falling apart. His ex case back into the picture and the relationship had already started rolling with us. I had given him my virginity which was the first big investment of many. But it was something I treasured. I really wasn’t attracting the kind of guys who were mature enough for me before and being with him felt different. It felt like love. And I started to know I was in love with him because he inspired me. He made me want to be a better person. After I found out I was a rebound a lot had already transpired between us. We had ups and downs, breakups and makeups, and after a year he ghosted me. And I’m just stuck thinking “what was the point?” I mean, I had given him my everything. I know I’m not even close to perfect but I felt like he was the one person who i had always done right by. I loved him so much and he made the breaking up process hard because he was leaving me in the dark a lot and he was returning to me sometimes to be a part of my life- which would block me from moving on- and then disappearing. I can accept that it wasn’t meant to work out. But the thing that makes me feel sick is knowing that he meant so much to me and that I probably never cross his mind. Why did he use me? And why wouldn’t he let me move on with my dignity in tact rather than popping in and out of my life and then ghosting me as a finale? I really had never done anything to hurt him
How do you get over being a rebound?
Add Opinion