Why do I still love him? Why can't I let go of him? Is this what love is? Not leaving them no mater what happens?

I met him on a video game I merged with him got a social media app for him. we communicated on there so many times we always talk. We were best friends but then we started to have feelings for each other and we ended up dating each other we would call each other and and he'd listen to my music. then few weeks later he ended it saying your fixed. (it was like him saying There your all fixed you can go now). He also said that he only liked me cause I was broken. Tried making it seem like we were the same but in reality we are opposite but we like some of the same things. He told me he found an old friend and he wanted to get back with her. He said we can still be friends and I was ok even though I was hurt deep inside. I pretended that I got over him and he acted like we were still together and then finally I snapped and told him were not together your with anther girl and so he told that girl what he'd done and ig she and him been having so many arguments. Now He says he never ended things with me and stayed with me. I'm like, you can always come back to me Ill always be waiting for you. I still love you. He said he still loves me too and I asked Can we get back with each other he said I don't date anymore. He also said Im meant to love but im not meant to be loved. Im still kinda hurt but I still love him no matter what. Id do anything to keep him happy.
2
1