Why is my ex being petty & shady?

My ex boyfriend likes to spread rumors about me and make fun of me. He's the one who left me for someone else. Its been months and I haven't taken him back since he wanted me back the week after he dumped me. He's constantly staring at me off guard. We started getting along he took it as I was taking him back. When he realized that I wasn't taking him back, he got kinda mad at me. He hates seeing me. When we make eye contact by accident, he gets mad and quickly looks somewhere else and moves to a diff location. Somewhere I can't find him. When he gets mad, he does it where he wants me to know. HE'S LIKE: "ughhhhhh" *looks angry**rolls eyes*

He's had 1 girlfriend since, and he tried to make me jealous with her. He's with this new girl and they were hanging out today. I don't know if she's his new girlfriend but while he was with her, I caught him staring at me like he was getting hypnotized with his head tilt. He's always staring at me like that. Hours before this, he was being really petty because I ignored him the previous day. Someone was making jokes about "stuck up women" and he kept saying my name over and over referring every joke to me. I didn't say anything, I just left the room.

I miss him so much but I don't want to get played again. I feel like once I take him back im going to get played with. Any suggestions?
Why is my ex being petty & shady?
3
3